Product Engineering Head
- Scope for PE Head will be from Proto – Pilot Production.
- The Ultimate goal of PE head will be Revenue Generation – Quick, Flawless, quality product to manufacture.
- He/ She will develop engineered products and transfer for manufacturing within Budget & Timeline Along with licenses/certifications.
- He/ She will be responsible for the right selection of Vendor and Ensuring quality & reliability of the developed parts/products.
- He/ She Will Manage the P&L(Budget Management ) of PE.
Report To: Chairman
1. Project Cycle Management
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end
- Will Manage 10-15 Projects
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Design or redesign complex layouts/sketches and drawings from general written or verbal specifications from the business development, marketing or design team.
- Review design layouts to find and resolve problems involving compatibility with basic design concepts.
- Provide alternative design concepts to meet customer requirements.
- Produce CAD drawings for new or improved products using industry, departmental and discipline standards.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
2. Personnel Management
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 10 years’ experience working in industry OR Master’s degree with a minimum of 6 years work experience in industry.
- Exposure / Experience in both Project management and Mechanical activities is a must. Mechanical activities include industrial designing of plastic enclosure, sheet metal work and casting is required. Along with industrial design, exposure on fabrication, machining and involvement in infrastructure setup or upgrade is required.
- Medical Device experience is preferred.
- Design for Manufacturability and Assembly is required along with Statistical Process Control (SPC). Electro/Mechanical Component level experience is a must for this position. e. Project Management (PMP / SCRUM / PRINCE 2).
- Project management
- Personnel management.
- Strong analytical, structured root cause analysis, problem solving skills.
- Strong hold on SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Catia.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Driven towards continuous improvements.