We are looking for a Content Writer to join our editorial team and enrich our websites with new blog posts, guides and marketing copy. Content Writer responsibilities include conducting thorough research on industry-related topics, generating ideas for new content types and proofreading articles before publication. If you’re familiar with producing online content and have an eye for detail, wed like to meet you. Feel free to share samples of your work or portfolio of your published articles, along with your application.
Ultimately, you’ll deliver quality writing pieces that appeal to our audiences, attract customers and boost brand awareness.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research ideas and facts pertinent to the type of content/topic assigned.
- Prepare well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems
- Develop ideas derived from online/offline research and organize the same on paper or computer applications.
- Develop engaging content for articles, blogs, stories and social media to entice and engage target customers/audience.
- Ensure that content contains sufficient keywords for search engine optimization.
- Manage user-generated content on social media sites.
- Manage the company’s social media presence.
- Develop prototypes and storyboards using a multitude of media creation and graphics editing tools.
- Rewrite, paraphrase or write content from scratch depending on specific instructions provided in the work order.
- High comprehension of software like Microsoft Word and Google Docs.
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Update website content as needed
Desired Candidate Profile
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter or similar role
- Portfolio of published articles
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Familiarity with web publications
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Graduate in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field