Johari Digital is looking for a seasoned Project Manager to spearhead multiple client projects both large and small.
The Project Manager will be directly responsible for the success of the customer and the success of the projects. The right candidate for this role will possess strong organizational and communication skills and will be able to plan, manage and execute medical device design & development projects effectively.
- Lead staff and project teams (virtual); know how to effectively apply project management processes (including managing stakeholder expectations, communications, budget management, schedule management, performance reporting, etc.) to a project. For projects, this individual will maintain scope, budget and schedule integrity through direct management of the team, including development and maintenance of project management plan, resource management and communications management.
- Additionally, the individual manages the process of building and maintaining effective on going communications and relationships between the project team and the Top Management to confirm that the project is completed in a manner that satisfies internal/external client objectives. To achieve these objectives and ensure overall quality, the individual will leverage the cumulative knowledge of all team members and may need to actively participate in task accomplishment when there are gaps in team capabilities.
- Manage scope, schedule, project plan and tasks, resources and customer satisfaction.
- Manage customer expectations and build a mutually beneficial relationship with internal/external customer.
- Ability to manage scope creep effectively without creating conflict between Top management and project teams.
- Adept in all aspects of change order management and milestone management.
- Take leadership role; act as a facilitator and mentor to other team members; facilitate collaboration/knowledge-sharing.
- Ability to manage project costs and profitability on projects effectively.
- Create, develop and manage the project scope and schedule for complex projects; plan and assign resources to associated tasks and deliverables as appropriate; manage resources and tasks based on project plan. Utilize knowledge of the subject area domain to provide direction to staff and achieve desired results.
- Define necessary and is responsible for creating and maintaining project documentation (reporting, meeting minutes, etc.) for complex projects.
- Identify risk, cost, resource, and dependencies; plan strategies to address risk, cost, resource and dependencies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with project stakeholders; manage project stakeholder expectations; negotiate with and influence Top management on project specific items.
- Explain difficult concepts and issues, and persuade others to adopt a point of view; anticipate and communicate ramifications of decisions and issues to project stakeholders.
- Allocate staff and budget resources to meet changing project/program needs. May be involved in project/program staff selection and terminations.
- Evaluate and report progress in terms of quality and performance metrics common to medical device design and development projects.
- Proactively identify and address project strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Identify alternative solutions when project plans hit roadblocks.
- Lead and motivate other team members. Will assign projects and tasks to other members of the firm.
- A bachelor's degree in a related discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- Approximately 5+ years of experience in project management.
- Ability to quickly gain in-depth knowledge of the organizational structure of the firm and relevant IT processes (application/software development, deployment, etc.).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Ability to lead and motivate.
- Organizational skills.
- Time management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple and complex projects.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong influencing skills.
- Familiar with tools used to manage and execute applicable IT processes such as application/software development, requirements management.